Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day 2008

Wow, what a crazy Labor Day. My infant son and I are sharing a nasty head cold but at least we are safe at home. We have been watching the news surrounding Hurricane Gustav and hope it doesn't become a major disaster for the Gulf Coast. I feel terrible for the poor people that have just now been able to move back or settle in and have to relive the trauma.
My hubby will probably be delayed coming home Thursday as we live in Texas and storms may delay or cancel his flight. :(

On a lighter note, professional football season kicks off this week, which will make many sports fans happy. It will also provide distraction from election season. I take politics seriously but I hate listening to pandering speeches and advertisements so I decide based on issues and ignore the media attention as much as possible. I find NPR helps a lot, though I do get tired of the attention there as well but I understand that is how many people get their information. At least it is better than watching or listening to local newscasts.

Don't forget to check out Too Long Dog for your online shopping needs, especially since gas prices will probably go up again thanks to the weather.

Have a great labor day folks!

No comments: