Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 15, 2008

STOMP, stomp it good

The hubby and I saw STOMP at Bass Hall in Fort Worth last night (the same place we saw Lewis Black perform in July) and it was fantastic. We really enjoyed it and the rest of the audience did as well, there was audience participation after all, there was also occasional laughter and a ton of applause, even a standing ovation and encore.

I didn't realize how crazy it would be having a child with a birthday in the midst of the holiday season. Trying to plan for Christmas and a first birthday party at the same time is a bit confusing and tricky. I bought supplies at Party City and food will be gotten at Tom Thumb, I actually received a coupon for a free 1st Birthday mini-cake (the size of a large cupcake but shaped and decorated to look like a baby block) if I purchase at least a quarter sheet cake (for everyone else). I was going to do cupcakes but I like this offer and will use the coupon instead. The party will be in the afternoon so the rest of the food will just be party snack trays.

As for Christmas (and Hanukkah), I am making at least half of the gifts this year, the rest will be gotten online so they can be custom and I don't have to try and holiday shop with a 1-year-old in tow! I am hoping other people will take advantage of online shopping as well and buy from my store, www.cafepress.com/toolongdog. A boost in sales would be nice even if I don't see the actual money four a couple of months (I have to wait 30 days for transactions to clear in case of returns and then I have to wait for end of the month check processing). Anyway, I can't say anything about what I may be purchasing from my own store (that could give the surprise away) but I do shop my own designs.

Have to run, my little man is looking for new and disgusting things to test is new teeth on.

No comments: