Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's that time again

It is the time of year for school to begin again. I don't have to worry about the logistics of that just yet since my son isn't even a year old yet but I still feel nostalgic. I love office and school supplies. In the local grocery stores they sell prebundled items for their local elementary schools and the office supply stores have the lists for the local school necessities at the front of the store. In honor of this time of year my freebies this week evoke elementary school.

You can download the ruler here and the chalkboard here.

I have made great progress on one of my crochet projects and hope to post a picture of the finished project before the week is through. Yippeee!

I am what the video game industry calls a "casual gamer" but nevertheless I have fun waiting for me on two console systems. My husband bought me a game that is for his PlayStation 3. That usually doesn't happen because pressing two many buttons easily confuses me and I just don't have the coordination or thumb control for most games, but this one is of an easier variety and has a wicked sense of humor. It is called Overlord:Raising Hell. The controls and whatnot are a lot like the Pikmin games but you play as an evil/evilish overlord controlling a bunch of goblins that aren't that bright but are devoted to your every wish and remind me of the naughtly gremlins in Gremlins 3 (I think that is the one they did in New York, or was that number 2?). Anyway, it's funny and easy enough for someone like me. I have a Wii which is much more my speed and has more games at my level, mainly because they make more games for children and other folks who didn't grow up with video games. Anyway, I have a game for the Wii I haven't even had the chance to play yet (Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, the first was a laugh riot, even my in-laws love playing it) and I love playing the regular Wii Sports games that come with the system.

Well, I hear a baby calling for "mamaaa" so that is the end of this post. Happy Humpday.

No comments: